Friday, October 21, 2011

Leaves falling

The multicolored "autumn leaves" are falling. Before the next rainstorm brings them all down, now is a good time to enjoy the reds, golds and oranges of fall in your own backyard or out in the country.

They remind me of Johnny Mercer's popular song, sung by Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra:

The falling leaves drift by my window
The falling leaves of red and gold.
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sunburned hands I used to hold.
Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song.
But I miss you most of all, my darling,
When autumn leaves start to fall.

Fall also is a time for harvest festivals, apple and pumpkin picking and more. Check out Recorder Community Newspapers for details on the various autumn activities in your neighborhood. Also online right here at newjerseyhills.com are some 60 Recorder bloggers with thoughts of the time.

Anyone interested in joining this group of 21st communicators may contact me at (908) 832-7420 or panderson@recordernewspapers.com for more information on this simple, free process. All you need is an Internet connection and e-mail.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat! I've been on book tour and extremely busy, but I finally got a chance to visit your blog.

    What a bittersweet song!

    I have some autumn photos on my latest post.

    Hope you and your family are doing well.

    Saloma

    ReplyDelete