Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter woes

(Jan. 7, 2011) Winter's here and with it some woes. The combination of cold weather, dry heat and holiday partying has got me down with laryngitis. So I'm not talking very well, although my voice sounds worse than I feel.

So out came the old-fashioned remedies -- humidifiers and hot tea with honey.

But blogging doesn't require a voice. This 21st century communication tool can be used any time, in any weather, right from the comfort of home. All you need is a computer and an e-mail.

Recorder Community Newspapers is looking for community groups and individuals interested in joining our growing group of bloggers whose messages appear right on our 15 newspapers' websites. The process is simple and FREE.

Call me at (908) 832-7420 or e-mail panderson@recordernewspapers.com if you are interested and I will explain how to do it.

By the way, I read Saloma Furlong's new book "Why I Left the Amish" which I mentioned some weeks ago. Wow! What a writer with quite a story! Her memoir is very well done, not the sentimental, sophomoric texts I've often seen about the Amish lifestyle. I'm looking forward to the next book in the three-part series by this Smith College grad who now works at Amherst College.

1 comment:

  1. Why, Pat those are some nice things you have said. Thank you!

    Yes, your voice sounds fine from here! (Smile) Hot tea and honey are so comforting... I hope you feel better soon, and that your "real" voice returns.

    ReplyDelete